CODY McGINNIS vs OSWALD BRODD

Mr. Sharp
@admin
Administrator
wdl 100/00/00
Last Edit: Jun 5, 2015 22:11:58 GMT by Mr. Sharp

Post by Oswald Brodd on Jun 4, 2015 20:55:45 GMT

The scene opens in New Wave's backstage locker room where Sophie Cooper is seen sitting on a steel chair. Bright light fills the locker room. With a clear and positive tone she begins to speak.

Hello New Wave fans. My name is Sophie Cooper, and today I have The Mad Viking, Oswald Brodd here with me.

The camera zooms out until Brodd appears in the frame. He sits leaned back on the chair while his head is resting on one of his hands, while the other hand is adjusting his shades. He is wearing and old FWF Jealousy t-shirt and black leather pants.

No loud noises, please. And can you for the sake of Balder turn off that bloody light.

Brodd tries to speak up, but the sentence comes out almost as a mutter. Cooper signals for a crew member to lower the light.

I'm sorry. Does the light still irritate your eyes after the injuries you received at Shattered Dreams.

Brodd slowly sits up straight in the chair while rubbing his temple with his hands.

No, I just got a massive hangover.

A small frown appears on Cooper's face.

Well that doesn't seem very professional of you.

Brodd stares at Cooper.

Professional? Of course I'm professional. If there is one thing Oswald Brodd is known for its being professional. I've never done anything that could be considered unprofessional.

Cooper looks bewildered at Brodd.

Do I detect some sarcasm?

Brodd lowers his shades and raises one eyebrow. A small grin emerges.

You must be new here.

Cooper chooses not to comment on that. Instead she clears her throat and flicks through her papers.

Let's move on. Ever since you arrived here in New Wave you've been an unstoppable monster. You picked up the Lost Heroes Trophy in a Devil's Advocate match and you won over ten matches in a row. But lately things have turned and you are now on what some people would call a losing streak. How do you....

Brodd launches up from the chair and shouts his lungs out.

Who said that?!

The reactions seems to catch Cooper off guard. With wide eyes and a frightened body posture she stares at Brodd, who just adjusts his shade, which almost feel down, before he gently sits back down on the chair.

What I meant to say is, that I'm not kidding myself. I know I haven't been performing to the best of my abilities lately, but at this point of my career wins and losses really don't matter anymore.

Cooper, who has regained her composure after Brodd's small temper tantrum, doesn't seem to have expected that answer. She puts her papers away.

Okay, let's get straight to the point here. It sounds like you're thinking about retiring. Is there any truth in that?

The Mad Viking ponders over Cooper's question before he replies.

No, I'm not about to retire, but I know I don't have a lot of time left in this business. I'm the old guy here and this is a game for young people. I accept the fact that my glory days probably are over, and I'm not so foolish as to think that I should be handed opportunities to win titles here in New Wave. The younger guys can get those chances.

Cooper quickly asks the next question.

Then what..

Brodd holds hand up in order to cut Cooper off.

But just because I don't see myself in the title match picture, doesn't mean that I've outplayed my role here in New Wave. I can still do things that makes a impact on everyone around here. I can still fight and hurt people like no one else can.

Well, most wrestlers would argue that hurting people is not a real career goal, but lately we've seen you doing some brutal things.

Brodd nods.

Most wrestles are idiots. You don't have to win titles in order to be an important person around here. Look at the carnage and chaos I created at the last show. In a matter of weeks no one will remember who won the match, but people will definitely remember the havoc I caused.

Brodd continues talking before Cooper can ask the next question.

But I know that many people see the Undisputed Title as the most important thing and should be every wrestler's goal. I often heard people saying that I've had a great career, but that I've failed to win "the big one". And I really don't get that. From the first day I walked into FWF I proclaimed that the World Heavyweight Title had no interest for me. I made it crystal clear that I was there to win the Hardcore Title and in a matter of months I succeeded in doing so. Not only did I win the title, but I went on to be the longest reigning FWF Hardcore champion of all time and be known as FWF greatest hardcore wrestler of all time. So I would say that I've achieved my main goal. And on top of that I've won other titles and great matches, so now the pressure is off. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I can go out there and do what I do best, and that is hurting people. Which makes this fun for me again

Cooper raises an eyebrow.

So its fun to hurt people?

Brodd grins.

Absolutely. That is what I live for. Even a guy like Cody McGinnis will soon find out that no one in New Wave is safe. I've never had anything to do with the kid before, but unfortunately for him, he is going to face me while I'm in a destructive mode. He will see that I'm still a unstoppable monster. He will see that I'm a Mad Viking and he will have to face the wrath of the Norsemen. Ragnarok is coming for him!

The scene fades to black.

Oswald Brodd
@brodd
Rookie
wdl 00/00/02

Post by Cody McGinnis on Jun 5, 2015 4:45:43 GMT

"I'm not going to sit here in front of a camera and complain, because I have nothing to complain about."

The scene faded in slowly, revealing a hooded Cody McGinnis, barely even paying attention to the camera. In fact, he seemed more interested in the sound of speeding cars and police sirens going off in the distance. He had been in the venues location for the past few days and not much had happened so at this point anything could catch Cody's attention. It just so happen's that Oswald Brodd's recent interview caught Cody's attention earlier, but we'll get to that later on.

"Plus, there's no fun in that, I mean who the hell wants to waste minuets of their life listening to someone complain over the internet?"

Actually, you'd be surprised. There's people out there making millions and all they do is complain about whatever; Games, Movies, Television Shows. You name it, someone out there is complaining about it. Maybe Cody should try breaking into that business, he usually has a strong opinion on comics and anime. Couldn't hurt to make a few extra bucks.

"Anyway, about a week or two ago I had basically set out a challenge by claiming i'm championship material then talking back to my dick of a boss. At Futureshock I was set to go up against Mark Bisley in a match where if I won, i'd get a title shot set for the next show. As you can see, I didn't win and Mark Bisley came out the better man, this time."

There was a moment of silence, McGinnis letting his words sink in. That, or it could just be for dramatic effect, Cody seemed to like theatrics.

"You see, the reason I say this time is because, well this isn't going to be the last time me and Mark meet in that ring. In fact, I think if he's really so sure of himself, he should give me a rematch. There's a problem with that though, you see... Mark is a busy man and can't just be bothered with normal everyday challenges, even from a guy like me."

Cody motioned to himself, poking himself in the chest in the process. He obviously didn't think to highly of himself, which for some is a good thing in a person of Cody's line of work.

"So, I already know by now, if he's watching this I have his curiosity, but the thing is; I want his attention."

His gaze would turn into a slight glare, as if he was staring directly at the viewer.

"So, what I'm going to do is until I know I have your attention, I'm going to, or at least try to tear though every single person you put in the ring with me until I get to you, starting with Oswald Brodd."

His glare vanished, replaced by a smirk on Cody's face and a small chuckle.

"Now, from what I've learned he's been on a bit of a destructive rampage, or starting one anyway. He took out Raab and Stokely, then I think he took out a ref at some point?"

He sounded as if he was asking the man behind the camera, but shrugged it off soon after.

"Now, as seen before he's going around calling himself a... unstoppable monster. I stopped being afraid of monster when I learned I wasn't the only one out there Brodd, and I stopped being afraid of you the moment I realized... I can fight back. I realized while he's coming at me with the power of Ragnarok, I can retaliate because right now, I might as well be wielding Thor's hammer, and I can guarantee that you're gonna need to pick up your jaw from the floor because after the hammer comes down, your jaw will be dropped."

Begins walking out of the scene before coming to a stop, looking over his shoulder and giving his last words.

"Valhalla? Try purgatory."

With that he walks as the scene faded to black.

Cody McGinnis
@pain
Rookie
wdl 01/00/01
Last Edit: Jun 5, 2015 4:49:52 GMT by Cody McGinnis
[/align]

Shoutbox

El Tornado: Mr. Brodd have an mjod match with me May 7, 2024 5:47:26 GMT
James Kitson: I hear having mjød matches alone in your room is frowned upon these days Feb 5, 2024 19:30:00 GMT
Mr. Sharp: I miss you... Jan 24, 2024 12:06:35 GMT
Oswald Brodd: I miss mjød matches. Jan 20, 2024 1:37:26 GMT
James Kitson: Plus now I get 40% off my next jacket Sept 18, 2023 17:15:21 GMT
James Kitson: Love that I'm not the only person who wanders back here for a look around XD Sept 18, 2023 17:14:55 GMT
NSeason: nseason.co.uk - SALE NOW ON! 40% OFF ALL JACKETS! Jun 24, 2023 22:21:54 GMT
The Fizz/Lord Raab: Of course it is silly Dan. Miss ya. Aug 9, 2022 16:41:43 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Is e-fedding still a thing? Fuck me, I wanna bring this place back so bad. May 12, 2022 20:16:29 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Me too. =[ Nov 6, 2021 15:05:43 GMT
tornadoadoado: I miss this place Feb 8, 2021 23:58:50 GMT
AEW: Anyone still use this place or is it dead? Jun 8, 2019 23:01:05 GMT
thexpose: Well i did offer to merge..... Jul 10, 2015 11:17:52 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Everything will be done tomorrow. =\ Jun 19, 2015 1:33:18 GMT
A passer by: Hi, looks like a good fed here Jun 18, 2015 19:05:24 GMT
thexpose: Hi mate Jun 17, 2015 23:35:57 GMT
thexpose: I was hoping not as I did offer a business proposal to in which we are trying to come to a solution Jun 14, 2015 17:38:43 GMT
"Primal" Jacky Sade: So is New Wave dead again? Jun 11, 2015 18:27:21 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Just to let y'all know... all the shop and site updates will be done when I get home from work tonight. Jun 5, 2015 9:53:09 GMT
thexpose: ?? Jun 4, 2015 23:13:55 GMT
Shout as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Cancel