Match Types

Mr. Sharp Avatar
@admin
Mar 23, 2015 15:32:28 GMT

Post by Mr. Sharp on Mar 23, 2015 15:32:28 GMT

Tier 1

Standard Match
Two Gladiators compete to a thirty minute time limit. The winner can be declared by pinfall, submission, knockout, count-out or disqualification.

3-Way Dance
Three Gladiators compete to a thirty minute time limit. An elimination occurs by pinfall, submission, count-out or disqualification. The remaining two Gladiators compete under standard match rules.

Fatal 4-Way
Four Gladiators compete to a thirty minute time limit. An elimination occurs by pinfall, submission, count-out or disqualification. The remaining two Gladiators compete under standard match rules.

Triple Threat
Contested between three Gladiators where one pinfall or submission secures a victory.

Mr. Sharp
@admin
Administrator
wdl 100/00/00
Mr. Sharp Avatar
@admin
Mar 23, 2015 15:48:42 GMT

Post by Mr. Sharp on Mar 23, 2015 15:48:42 GMT

Tier 2

The following are contested under normal game rules; however, they offer additional match points for higher attributes. These are indicated in brackets.
e.g. if Gladiator A has 25 SP for Submission and Gladiator B has 1 SP, then in a Submission Match, Gladiator A would receive the usual 5 MP plus an additional 3 MP.

If a Gladiator is competing in their speciality match, then they will receive an additional 5 MP.

Ambulance Match
In order to win, you must place your opponent inside an ambulance with the doors locked.
Power / Strength (3), Hardcore (2), Agility / Speed (1)

British Rules
Contested over the course of five rounds, each round lasting six minutes. Two pinfalls, two submissions or a knockout decides the winner.
Technical / Mat (3), Ring Smarts (2), Charisma (1)

Buried Alive
You must throw your opponent in an open grave and cover his/her body with dirt.
Striking (3), Hardcore (2), Charisma (1)

Cage Match
The ring is surrounded by a fifteen foot caged structure. The only way to win is to escape, placing both feet on the floor at ring-side.
Aerial / High-flying (3), Agility / Speed (2), Power / Strength (1)

First Blood
The first Gladiator to bleed loses.
Hardcore (3), Striking (2), Endurance / Stamina (1)

Hardcore
A standard match with no disqualifications or count-outs. Falls can take place on any surface.
Hardcore (3), Endurance /Stamina (2), Striking (1)

Iron Man
Two Gladiators compete to an hour time limit. When the hour is up, whoever scores the most falls is declared the winner.
Endurance / Stamina (3), Technical / Mat (2), Submission (1)

Last Man Standing
Gladiators compete until one can no longer continue, remaining on the mat for ten seconds.
Endurance / Stamina (5), Striking (3), Charisma (2)

Lumberjack Match
Each Gladiator has two nominated Gladiators representing them at ring-side. They may intervene in any action that takes place outside the ring.
Charisma (3), Ring Smarts (2)
Each lumberjack may submit one #MATCH smack worth up to a maximum of 5 MP.

Mjöd Match
I can't remember. Something about beer...?
Charisma (3), Ring Smarts (2), Hardcore (1)

Shattered Dreams
Light tubes and glass panes are placed around the ring. Gladiators have their hands taped and dipped into a bucket of glue and a bucket of glass shards. A win occurs by either knockout or making an opponent say “I Quit”.
Striking (5), Hardcore (3), Endurance / Stamina (2)

Submission Match
Two Gladiators compete to a thirty minute time limit. The winner can be declared by submission, count-out or disqualification.
Submission (3), Technical / Mat (2), Agility / Speed (1)

Tables Match
If a Gladiator goes through a table by any means, he/she is eliminated.
Power / Strength (3), Hardcore (2), Charisma (1)

Texas Bullrope
Gladiators are bound at the wrist by a six foot rope with a heavy cowbell at the midpoint. In order to win, a Gladiator must touch all four turnbuckles without an interruption.
Power / Strength (3), Agility / Speed (2), Ring Smarts (1)

TLC
An object (usually a title) hangs from the ceiling. Whoever retrieves the object is declared the winner. Tables, ladders and chairs are legal weapons. Use of other foreign objects will result in a disqualification.
Aerial / High-flying (5), Agility / Speed (3), Ring Smarts (2)

Ultimate Submission
Operates in the same way as an Iron Man match, but only submissions count as a fall.
Submission (5), Endurance / Stamina (3), Technical / Mat (2)

Mr. Sharp
@admin
Administrator
wdl 100/00/00
Mr. Sharp Avatar
@admin
Mar 23, 2015 15:50:53 GMT

Post by Mr. Sharp on Mar 23, 2015 15:50:53 GMT

Tier 3

The following matches are more rare than other tiers, and each is played in a slightly different way than standard game rules.

Cloak & Dagger
Four Gladiators compete until a pinfall has been made. The pinned Gladiator is then the 'mark'. If the mark is pinned again, they are eliminated; however, should a pinfall occur on another Gladiator, the role of mark is transferred to them. When three Gladiators remain, the same rules apply, substituting two consecutive submissions for elimination. When two Gladiators remain, Last Man Standing rules apply.
- A second page for shoots will be posted. Votes will be cast as normal and half of the percentage will be converted into match points. So 70% = 35 MP.

Devil's Advocate
The ropes on two sides of the ring are replaced with razor wire and the ring is surrounded by a twenty foot cell. A win occurs by pinfall or submission, but a Gladiator is only eligible once they have put their opponent through a table that has been set on fire. Yes, it's a barbed-wire-inferno-hell-in-a-cell.

Elimination Chamber
A menacing twenty foot steel structure engulfs the ring and in each corner in a glass pod. Two Gladiators begin in the ring, with the remaining four waiting in a pod. After five minutes, a pod will open until all Gladiators have entered. Eliminations will then take place by pinfall or submission.
- Each participant must choose one Gladiator out of the other five to attack (10 MP will be deducted from his/her score) and one to defend (10 MP will be added to his/her score).
- Participants may submit one additional #MATCH smack.

Gladiator Gauntlet
Two Gladiators begin in the ring, with the remaining entrants at ring-side. Every 90 seconds, another Gladiator enters. Eliminations can occur by pinfall, submission or by throwing an opponent over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor.
- Entrance order comes into play, as each Gladiator will score 2 MP per entrance number. The first entrant gets 2 MP, the second gets 4 MP, and so on. The order will be based
- Members get two votes. They can use both on the same Gladiator or split between two.
- Participants may submit one additional #MATCH smack.
- Only 1 shoot may be submitted.

Mr. Sharp
@admin
Administrator
wdl 100/00/00
Last Edit: Mar 25, 2015 23:12:45 GMT by Mr. Sharp

Shoutbox

El Tornado: Mr. Brodd have an mjod match with me May 7, 2024 5:47:26 GMT
James Kitson: I hear having mjød matches alone in your room is frowned upon these days Feb 5, 2024 19:30:00 GMT
Mr. Sharp: I miss you... Jan 24, 2024 12:06:35 GMT
Oswald Brodd: I miss mjød matches. Jan 20, 2024 1:37:26 GMT
James Kitson: Plus now I get 40% off my next jacket Sept 18, 2023 17:15:21 GMT
James Kitson: Love that I'm not the only person who wanders back here for a look around XD Sept 18, 2023 17:14:55 GMT
NSeason: nseason.co.uk - SALE NOW ON! 40% OFF ALL JACKETS! Jun 24, 2023 22:21:54 GMT
The Fizz/Lord Raab: Of course it is silly Dan. Miss ya. Aug 9, 2022 16:41:43 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Is e-fedding still a thing? Fuck me, I wanna bring this place back so bad. May 12, 2022 20:16:29 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Me too. =[ Nov 6, 2021 15:05:43 GMT
tornadoadoado: I miss this place Feb 8, 2021 23:58:50 GMT
AEW: Anyone still use this place or is it dead? Jun 8, 2019 23:01:05 GMT
thexpose: Well i did offer to merge..... Jul 10, 2015 11:17:52 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Everything will be done tomorrow. =\ Jun 19, 2015 1:33:18 GMT
A passer by: Hi, looks like a good fed here Jun 18, 2015 19:05:24 GMT
thexpose: Hi mate Jun 17, 2015 23:35:57 GMT
thexpose: I was hoping not as I did offer a business proposal to in which we are trying to come to a solution Jun 14, 2015 17:38:43 GMT
"Primal" Jacky Sade: So is New Wave dead again? Jun 11, 2015 18:27:21 GMT
Mr. Sharp: Just to let y'all know... all the shop and site updates will be done when I get home from work tonight. Jun 5, 2015 9:53:09 GMT
thexpose: ?? Jun 4, 2015 23:13:55 GMT
Shout as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Cancel